Monday, January 5, 2009

2009 is happening.


First, one more outtake from the Christmas montage.


Sunday was my Uncle Dan's birthday - he and my Aunt Lori, cousin Matt and my folks came to my neighborhood to hit my favorite brunch place and then take a long walk around downtown. My aunt snapped me running across the street to meet them.


She also loved all the painted buildings and snapped away on our way to brunch, so I humored her and hammed a little.


Mom and me about to chow down.


Brunch was a delight as always and one of the owners, true to form, hooked us up with a complimentary birthday mimosa pitcher. Afterward, we stopped by my place real quick so they could all see it and I just had to play a song or two with my mom on Rock Band. I had to. Matt and I set up.


Mom chose "Should I Stay or Should I Go?" and after a rocky start she got the hang of it pretty quickly! Go Gina. Matt was a dear and took a little video of me trying to help Mom start:

Rock Band Gina



Mom was overwhelmed and surrendered the guitar to Matt.


And off we all went downtown, walking through the Lower East Side and Chinatown to Little Italy where my mom wanted to see a store that was known for its special olive oils, but it was too crowded so we only stayed for a minute, looked at all the hanging dried meats, took a picture and left.


The main event was Ferrara's for pastries and espresso. It was a really fun day, got my mom to buy me a thermos and soap from a new sustainable store in my 'hood, and my dad to get me a couple cannolis. And played Rock Band. And had a drunky brunch. A Sunday well done!

No comments: