Monday, February 9, 2009

Circumstance, sans pomp.

I can't for the life of me find my camera battery charger. So I've been taking pictures with my phone and they're shitty and blurry, but here they are! Woo!


Winter in the city. Walking from the subway in Brooklyn was positively picturesque. So I took a picture.


And then I graduated from beauty school! It's blurry, cause we were drunk-ish and I was excited, but if you blow up the picture and look real close you'll see that my "diploma" says BEST GPA.


This plastic wine glass is the reason I couldn't hold still. We had ourselves a grand old time waiting for our names to be called. When mine finally was, it was prefaced with, "My favorite student with the lisp, Caroline!" And I cracked up. Because earlier that day I'd been forced to give a 16-year-old a blowout since a whole school group came to visit, and while I was working the girl's little friends walked over and out of nowhere say, "You know you got a lisp?" What the eff do I say to that! "Uhhh, alright sure, you think so?" "Yeah, you talk with your tongue." "Ummmmm ok cool." And all the teachers overheard these little twerps jabbing me and were laughing from a distance. Thanks teachers.


Yesterday one of Wendy's friends celebrated her birthday by going to a place on Smith St. in Brooklyn called The Painted Pot which is one of those places where you can glaze a piece of pottery and then they fire it for you. Pretty damn fun. I made this mug, which kinda looks like I dipped it in chocolate. Delicious. Looks nothing like the colors I chose cause it hasn't been fired yet, but when I pick it up next weekend I'm pretty sure it will be a work of fine art.


I finished too quickly and everybody else was still painting so I grabbed the cheapest piece I could find and made it for Wendy.

In two days I will have my wisdom teeth removed. Please regale me with stories of your own experiences! Nothing I love more these days than hearing about how someone's face almost fell off after getting wisdom teeth out.