Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Toofless

Just got my wisdom teeth out! All four of those suckers! I've never been under general anesthetic before so I was almost more freaked about that than the yanking of the teeth themselves. Went into the office, the surgeon said hello and started asking me about what I did and all, I told him a little about having just finished school and starting a new job in a couple weeks, and he took my arm while I was talking and just got the needle in there when I was hardly paying attention and then next thing I knew I was being woken up and stumbling drunkenly into the recovery room! My mom said she'd barely opened up a magazine to read in the waiting room when they said I was done, something like 20 mins. Awesome. So now I'm at my parents' place in Jersey taking it easy, head wrapped in a cold pack to hopefully avoid looking like a chipmunk tomorrow.

Ice paaaaaaack.


I never would have thought to ask for the teeth. When Mom came to me in the recovery room the first thing she asked the nurse was if they saved my dang teeth. I thought she was a weirdo, but then just now my aunt - who is my dental hygienist, with my uncle as my dentist - called and said it was great to have those teeth because they have stem cells in them and you never know if later on some health issue could arise that would be aided by having those stem cells available. Who the hell knew! Also, Jeebus Christmas, can you tell how enormous those teeth are? 

1 comment:

Parisa said...

So impressive! I didn't realize you were having all four out! You are such a trooper!
XO p