Thursday, December 11, 2008

An adventure!


As a star beauty school pupil and teacher's pet, I was chosen today by one of my favorite teachers to leave school and run an errand. We never get to leave in the middle of the day and I was pretty excited, until I learned that the errand was to walk over to Party City on 14th to get one dozen blue helium balloons for tonight's graduation party for the most recent graduating class. I walked over there in the windy rain, argued with the sales woman over whether I'd have to wait hours because they were "behind on their balloon orders" despite the fact that directly behind her were two helium tanks standing quietly and just waiting to be employed. Finally got my way and some dude was unearthed to do the job, and off I went back to school, $5 umbrella in one hand getting blown inside out every few steps by the wind, and giant balloon bouquet in the other hand, getting whipped madly around, rendering me powerless to prevent other pedestrians from getting bopped. By the time I made it back to school I felt like the above expression about it. And yeah shut up I stopped outside the door to take a picture on my phone because I thought it would be funny and you know what I WAS RIGHT.

Beauty school! I'm almost done. It's wearing on me just a touch.

No comments: