Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hairs!

Last night after school I did THREE haircuts at my place. Three! Eight hours of hair at school, then 3 more hours of hair at home. I was done at 9pm, collapsed into the futon and ate some Cuban takeout with my roommate Zach, re-watched some of last week's SNL (the sketch with Kristen Wiig saying, "Ohhhhhh myyyyyy gaaaaaaad..." and freaking out about a surprise) and went to bed. But it was a really fun evening and everybody's hair came out super. Of course, as always, I forgot to take before and after pictures, and one of the girls emailed me today with a shot she took of herself last night after leaving my place because she liked it so much! The back is the impressive part, cause it's a really beautiful layered bob, but the front looks good too and I gave her those bangs, so here it is:


Such a great time, especially because I didn't know her - she was a referral from a friend - and compounded with that, she'd had iffy experiences with hair stylists and was nervous to let a new person do her hair, much less a student, not in a professional setting! So I was happy that I could pull it out and give her a real stunner of a cut. Plus she tipped me in wine and two skin products from her company. The other one tipped me in large bottles of beer.

Keep it coming, kids! Come on over, it'll be fun, and cheap, and alcoholic if that's what you're in the mood for.

Here's the SNL video in case you missed it:

No comments: