Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Things you can give me for my services.

In my first post I mentioned that in addition to straight payment I'd be open to interesting trades and, as my lovely Pillows for the People friend suggested I'd like to offer a sample list:
- six pack of Bud Light
- a delicious sandwich
- a pie that you've baked yourself, or other baked good so long as there are no bananas in it
- a crafty item you've made, if you're crafty
- an item of clothing or shoes you don't want anymore that I might like (clothes size 4 on top and 6 on bottom, shoes size 10. I have clown feet.)
- a mix cd of music that I don't know

Now for some befores and afters. This first girl was a random client, not someone I knew. Came in for a full head of highlights and then freaked out that the highlights were (spoiler alert!) significantly lighter than the rest of her hair! For reference, people, when you ask for highlights that means the pieces of hair the stylist slices through with that fancy metal comb are getting brushed with bleach. Bleach takes pigment out of hair. And that is a highlight. I calmed her down and convinced her that the overriding color was still red and she left happy. And frankly, look how much effing hair she has! Doing a full head of highlights means over an hour of weaving 1/8" sections of hair at a time and I did a killer job in really good time.

She at least humored me and did a frowny face for her before shot.


Before.


Still before.


After! See, it's still totally red. She was about to go to the beach and asked that I not fully blowdry her hair since it would be a waste, which was a slight bummer because it makes it harder to see the highlights than if I'd blown it out straight, but you get the idea. And that happy smile was hard-won.


After.


Aaaaaand after. Love that faux beach hair.


My old buddy came over to my place for a nice short 'do for his corporate job and on the way to it I gave him a mullet.


Post-mullet.


What happens when there aren't any clients at school for too long.

We each have these mannequin heads to practice things on and they are all named Deborah. My Debbie is to John's left, with the Kiss inspired facial art.

No comments: