Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Come on, do the circulation!

I'm getting really good at highlights. Just want to put that out there.

It's rather difficult, who knew! I never used put too much thought into things like this; I remember back to the days of walking into a salon, blissfully ignorant to the techniques, knowledge and dexterity the stylist would employ to deliver me my hair whims. I'll just say there's a reason you don't pay much less than a c-note for highlights and I'll spare you the reasons because I'm the one studying this baloney, not you, and you can stay in the ignorant bliss. Enjoy. And come to school and get highlights from me cause they'll be way cheap and I'll make you look like you paid half your rent for them.

Bizarrely enough, part of the curriculum is Anatomy. But, like, the 8th grade version where each student has to take on one body system (mine's the Circulatory!) and give a presentation on it. So tomorrow I will be attending class with my laptop in order to show the Schoolhouse Rock vignette (there are untold numbers of Schoolhouse Rock cartoons on youtube, it's such a joy) entitled, "Do the Circulation!" I hadn't remembered Schoolhouse Rock being so comprehensive, but seriously y'all this song covers literally every point covered in our text book (granted, it's a beauty school text book). Check it out:


P.S. - You've all heard that McCain is slimy snaking his way out of the debate on Friday so that he can return to D.C. and focus on the "historic" crisis facing the U.S. economy, I hope. What did he say last week? Oh that's right, the "fundamentals of the economy are sound." Immediately after, in fruitless effort to backpedal, he spouted anti-Wall Street rhetoric attacking the "greed" and "recklessness" of the executives who netted, in many cases, eight-figure incomes while gambling away the mortgages of 40k-a-year earners. Sorry broseph, that's just not persuasive coming from a multimillionaire Republican. Now his plan he's bailing on the debate to go argue basically puts the burden on taxpayers to buy up billions in banks' bad loans. Meanwhile, he's been giving economic speeches denouncing Obama's plan to raise taxes on the middle class - a plan that does not exist. But that hasn't stopped McCain from saying it repeatedly. For the record, Obama wishes to raise taxes on the exorbitantly wealthy, and cut taxes for the middle and lower classes. But, as we all know, facts are powerless these days. Evolution? No no, sorry, that's just one opinion that's out there.
Poor, poor Shmobama. My man tried to infuse some reality (not that that ever works against the rhetoric of Republicans) saying, "He's suddenly a hard-charging populist. And that's all well and good, but I sure wish he was talking the same way over a year ago, when I introduced a bill that would've helped stop the multimillion-dollar bonus packages that CEOs grab on their way out the door." GOBAMA.

No comments: