Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's another Daily Double!

I gave my presentation on the Circulatory System in class today, brought my laptop to school in order to show the Schoolhouse Rock video as planned, but my speakers weren't nearly loud enough and I had to scrap the idea. Luckily, I'd completed an entire game of Circulatory System Jeopardy on construction paper - after spending quite a long time designing it to the tune of 24 answers/questions in 6 categories I felt that it might be a trite idea and too time-consuming - and the class got totally into it!

I didn't even have prizes, or sugary snacks, but everybody slapped their desks like buzzers and frantically answered questions about hemoglobin and the superior vena cava and in the end my teacher told me to save it so that 6 weeks from now when the next class is presenting I can come back and preside over the game again. There's a reason I was voted class president of beauty school, people.

At the top of my agenda for the next student council meeting: there are never paper towels in the bathroom and all of the first aid kits are empty! When I am learning how to point-cut I repeatedly cut my knuckles with my shears and what the hell am I supposed to do, bleed in my clients' hair? Come on!

No comments: